Take a look at the 21 amazing submissions that we received from teams interested in working with this amazing piece of England's coastline....
The Jury Panel was hugely impressed by the creativity demonstrated by all the teams and the inventive ways in which they made their submissions. The boards that were submitted were incredibly colourful and vibrant, evoking nature, history and community, with so many of the teams demonstrating a real synergy with the project.
It was a shame that there had to be winners and losers, and for this reason we are delighted to showcase all 21 submissions here.
In the end five teams were selected to take part in Stage 2 of the competition. Theses teams were led by:
- Bauman Lyons Architects Ltd
- Collective Architecture
- Farrer Huxley
- Layer Studio
Click here to find out more about the competition.
- SHORTLISTED TEAM: Bauman Lyons Architects Ltd with Xanthe Quayle Landscape Architects; Andy Edwards Design; Martin Higgitt Associates; Jane Simpson Associates; Experience Community; Ecological Services; Simon Fenton Partnership; DP Squared
- SHORTLISTED TEAM: Collective Architecture with core team: RaeburnFaquharBowen; Civic Engineers; Rybka; Gardiner & Theobald. Supporting specialists: Arch Henderson; Urban Movement; Graphical House; Ecus Ltd; CB Arts
- SHORTLISTED TEAM: Farrer Huxley with Mary Arnold-Foster Architects; Curtins; Luths Services; JBA Consulting; Fairfield Cost Consultants
- SHORTLISTED TEAM: FCBS with Sarah Price Landscapes; Place Education; Earnscliffe; Modern Designers Ltd; AKTii; Ruth Jackson Planning; Appleyard & Trew; MaxFordham
- SHORTLISTED TEAM: Layer Studio with Gagarin Studio; Greengage; PLACED; Curtins; BWA; Project Four
- ATI PROJECTS with Studio di Architettura di Attilio Stocchi; P’ARCNOUVEAU; Cecilia Zecca
- BCA Landscape with Metropolitan Workshop; David Bonnett Associates; Smiling Wolf; Firth Architects; Frank Whittle Partnership
- Fira with Child Graddon Lewis; Biodiversity by Design; Price and Myers; Split Design; Cummings Group; Edna Jacobson
- GRAS with Why Architecture; Creative Concern; Land Use Consultants; Eckersley O'Callaghan; Harley Haddow; Noel Kingsbury
- Grizedale Arts with Hayatsu Architects Ltd; Somewhere
- Hollaway Studios with Studio Fink; North56; Alan Baxter; Matthew Childs Design
- IDK and Counterculture with Jonathan Cook Landscape Architects; Publica; As If By Magic Ecology; M&P Gadsden Consulting Engineers; Structure Workshop; Studio Dekka; Adams Planning & Development; Greenway Associates
- Iteriad Ltd with K2 Architects; Curtins; Blue Sail; Fairfield Cost Consultants
- McGregor Coxall with dRMM; Place Bureau; Hayden Thorpe; Creative Giants; Contemporary Arts Society; Ecosulis; Civic Engineers; Colliers International; Gardiner & Theobald
- OPEN with Future Cities; Simpson & Brown
- Paul Hogarth and Company with Simpson Brown; O'Connor Sutton Cronan; ESC Construction Consultants
- Periscope with Studio Octopi; Harrison Stringfellow Architects; Civic Engineers; Stockdale; Urban Delivery; Urban Movement; MAC Consulting; Donald Hyslop; Harry Watkins (Periscope Associate)
- Rankin Fraser with Hoskins Architects; David Narro Associates; Armour Construction Consultants; Tetrix Ecology' Max Fordham; Nick Wright Planning
- Ritchie Studio with Gustafson Porter + Bowman; ARUP; Equals; Fourth Street; Julia Holberry Associates; Art Gene
- Sutherland Hussey Harris with Eiko Tomura Landscape; Grizedale Arts; ARUP
- Tonkin Liu with Nigel Dunnett; Green Infrastructure; Seam Lighting Consultants
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who entered this competition.